A comprehensive Education Pack produced specifically for children aged 4 to 11. The full pack can be downloaded as a PDF (116 pages) by clicking on the image below.
Or if you would like a copy of one of the 11 sections instead of the complete document then CLICK on any of the links below to download that section as a PDF.
|1 Introduction||7 Winter Warmers|
|2 Changing landscapes||8 River Detectives|
|3 Where are we?||9 The Countryside Code|
|4 Spring has Sprung||10 Risk Assessments|
|5 Summer Surprises||11 About the Friends Group|
|6 Autumn Antics|
A guide to help you plan your visit:
- Before your visit a Risk Assessment should be made; for comprehensive help and details see guidance notes in section 10.
- The Island is normally closed Monday to Friday and keys need to be obtained from the Norris Museum (The Broadway PE27 5BX) or One Leisure Sports Centre (Westward Road, PE27 6WU) requiring a £20 refundable deposit.
- Please be aware that there are no toilet, electric or drinking water facilities on Holt Island.
The Holt, a purpose built cabin, provides an ideal base and educational centre, where information displays, books, leaflets and activity sheets are available for visiting groups.
- To help identification of the diverse Fauna and Flora of the island “Spotter Guide” booklets can be made available on request.
- Unfortunately under certain circumstances, for example inclement weather visits may have to be postponed.
- To arrange your visit please Contact Us.